The organization was spending multiple days and too much time, along with a tremendous amount of participation and coordination with all their developers on even their smallest Salesforce deployments.
1. Created all documentation for the new approach
2. Created project plan to move the development teams from current state to desired state
3. Coordinated transition activities, reset release pipelines, & trained management and devs on the new release process
4. Automated deployments from source control to Salesforce environment
5. Managed the DevOps pipeline, while internal resources came up to speed on new DevOps process and protocols
6. Mentored and trained junior and mid-level technical resources on Apex, Lightning Web Components, Platform best practices, Governor Limit management.
1. Deployments now take 2 hours or less with little or no developer involvement.
2. Developers can focus more of their time creating additional solutions vs. supporting mundane support tasks.
3. The organization was able to reduce the number of outsourced Salesforce developers by 50%.